Wednesday 12 September 2012

I know what you're thinking, when is he actually going to start the 'TUG' build?

Well I make no apologies for taking time out to thoroughly read the excellent Slipway Build manual, 'twice', consult other builders blogs and then reflect upon my approach to the build before actually starting; must be a sign of age, never did this as a kid!

One area of concern is the prop shaft, what if it ever needs replacing and I had bonded it securely to the hull? It could be very messy to remove.

A quick trip to B&Q solved the problem, on the small sections rack they had some plastic tube that provided a nice snug push fit for the propshaft, I'll bond this to the hull. Problem solved and no risk of corrosion from incompatible metals, result!

  
The tug build will start this weekend....just building up, (Dutch) courage to cut into the GRP hull, ha, ha

No comments:

Post a Comment